The flex grids feature is deprecated, which means flex grids will be removed from the ExtraHop system in a future release. We recommend that you migrate your flex grids to a table widget in a dashboard while you still have access to your existing flex grids.
|Important:||You cannot automatically import data from a flex grid to a table widget. You must create a new table and add individual metrics and sources. For more information about dashboards and chart widgets, see Dashboards.|
As with flex grids, the table widget lets you customize and display a selection of metrics side-by-side. However, you no longer need to assign sources, such as devices or applications, through protocol pages. You can build a table directly in a dashboard chart and immediately view the results. Table widgets also give you more flexibility to explore and investigate metrics.
- Drill down on metrics in the table
- Combine multiple sources into ad hoc groups
- Drill down by device group member
To migrate flex grid content to a new dashboard and table widget, complete the following steps:
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover appliance.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click the System Settings icon.
- Click Flex Grids.
- Select the flex grid name you want to migrate and then click Edit. Take note of the metric names on the Flex Grid Configuration tab and the objects in the Assignments tab.
- From the top menu, click Dashboards.
Click Create Dashboard at the bottom of the left pane and
complete the following steps in the window:
A new dashboard appears with an empty chart widget and an empty text widget .
- In the Title field, type a dashboard name.
- Click Create.
- Click the chart to open the Metric Explorer.
- At the bottom of the page, click Table.
- Click Add Source. Type the name of a source that your flex grid is assigned to and then select the source.
- (Optional): To add more sources, click Add Application or Add Device, and then select another source to add. You can only select the same source type that is currently in your metric set. A metric set contains one source type and metrics. For example, if you select the All Activity application as the source, you can only add more applications to that metric set. To include a different source type in your chart, such as a device, click Add Source to start a new metric set.
- In the Metric field, type the name of each metric in the flex grid and then select those metrics.
- (Optional): To add more metrics, click Add Metric and then select another metric.
- Click Save to close the Metric Explorer.
- To add another chart to your dashboard, click-and-drag a chart widget from the bottom of the page to the dashboard. .
- When you are done editing your dashboard, click Exit Layout Mode from the upper right corner of the page.