Adding a tag to a device helps you organize devices within the ExtraHop system. You can search for a device by tag, or create a dynamic device group based on a tag.
Before you beginCreate a device tag.
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Tags.
- Click a tag name in the table.
- Click the field in the Add <tag name> to a device section.
- Type the name of a device, an IP address, a MAC address, or a hostname.
Select a device name from the search results.
The device will appear on the page.
- Optional: Repeat steps 4-6 to select additional devices.
- Click Save.
Click Done to close the
Tip: You can also add a tag to a device from a protocol page. Find a device and then click the device name. From the device's protocol page, click Properties in the upper right corner and then select the Tag tab.