In certain circumstances, such as moving a Discover appliance from one network to another, you might need to clear the metrics in the local and extended datastores. Resetting the local datastore removes all metrics, baselines, trend analyses, and discovered devices—and affects any customizations on your appliance.
Before you beginFamiliarize yourself with ExtraHop database concepts.
If your device IDs are stored on the extended datastore, and that datastore is disconnected when the local datastore is reset and then later reconnected, those device IDs are restored to the local datastore and you do not need to reassign your restored customizations.
Configured alerts are retained on the system, but they are disabled and must be enabled and reapplied to the correct network, device, or device group. System settings and user accounts are unaffected.
|Warning:||This procedure deletes device IDs and device metrics from the Discover appliance.|
- Log into the Admin UI on the Discover appliance.
- In the System Configuration section, click Datastore and Customizations.
Disconnect your extended datastore by completing the
- In the Extended Datastore Settings section, click Configure Extended Datastore.
- Click the name of the mount that contains the datastore you want to disconnect.
- In the row of that datastore, click Disconnect Extended Datastore.
- Type YES to confirm and then click OK.
- Navigate back to the Datastore and Customizations page.
- In the Local Datastore Settings section, click Reset Datastore.
On the Reset Datastore page, specify
whether to save customizations before you reset the datastore.
- To retain the current customizations after the datastore is reset, select the Save Customizations checkbox.
- To delete the current customizations after the datastore is reset, clear the Save Customizations checkbox.
- Type YES in the confirmation text box.
Click Reset Datastore.
If you opted to save your customizations, a prompt appears with a detailed list after about one minute. Click OK to restore the saved customizations.