When you purchase an appliance, you will receive an email with a new product key that must be added to your appliance from the ExtraHop Admin UI. This guide provides instructions on how to apply the new product key and activate all of your purchased modules. You must have administrator privileges on the ExtraHop appliance to access the Admin UI.
- In your browser, type the URL of the ExtraHop Admin UI, https://<extrahop_ip_address>/admin.
- Review the license agreement, select I Agree, and then click Submit.
- On the login screen, type setup for the username.
For the password, select from the following options:
- For 1U and 2U appliances, type the serial number printed on the label on the back of the appliance. The serial number can also be found on the LCD display on the front of the appliance in the Info section.
- For the EDA 1100, type the serial number displayed in the Appliance info section of the LCD menu. The serial number is also printed on the bottom of the appliance.
- For a virtual appliance in AWS, type the instance ID, which is the string of characters that follow i- (but not i- itself).
- For all other virtual appliances, type default.
- Click Log In.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click License.
- Click Manage License.
If you have a product key, click Register and type
your product key into the field.
Note: If you received a license file from ExtraHop Support, click Manage License, click Update, then paste the contents of the file into the Enter License field. Click Update.
Click Test Connectivity to ensure that your ExtraHop
appliance can connect to the ExtraHop licensing server. The following output
should appear indicating that all of the tests passed.
- Click Return to registration, and then click Register.
Next stepsHave more questions about ExtraHop licensing works? See the License FAQ.
Your ExtraHop appliance must be able to resolve the *.d.extrahop.com domain from the DNS server settings that you configured on your ExtraHop appliance. Communication with the licensing server through DNS is required for license updates and check-ins.
nslookup -type=NS d.extrahop.com
Non-authoritative answer: d.extrahop.com nameserver = ns0.use.d.extrahop.com. d.extrahop.com nameserver = ns0.usw.d.extrahop.com.If the name resolution is not successful, make sure that your DNS server is properly configured to lookup the extrahop.com domain.