When you purchase an appliance, you will receive an email with a new product key that must be added to your appliance. This guide provides instructions on how to apply the new product key and activate all of your purchased modules.
- In your browser, type the URL of the ExtraHop Admin UI, https://<extrahop_ip_address>/admin.
- Review the license agreement, select I Agree, and then click Submit.
- On the login screen, type setup for the username.
For the password, select from the following options:
- For 1U and 2U appliances, type the serial number printed on the label on the back of the appliance. The serial number can also be found on the LCD display on the front of the appliance in the Info section.
- For the EDA 1100, type the serial number displayed in the Appliance info section of the LCD menu. The serial number is also printed on the bottom of the appliance.
- For a virtual appliance in AWS, type the instance ID, which is the string of characters that follow i- (but not i- itself).
- For all other virtual appliances, type default.
- Click Log In.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click License.
Click Manage License and then choose one of the
- If you have a product key, click Register, enter your product key in the field, and then click Register.
- If you received a license file from ExtraHop Support, click Manage License, click Update, then paste the contents of the file into the Enter License field. Click Update.
Next stepsHave more questions about ExtraHop licensing works? See the License FAQ.
Your ExtraHop appliance must be able to resolve the *.d.extrahop.com domain from the DNS server settings that you configured on your ExtraHop appliance. Communication with the licensing server is required for license updates and check-ins.
Open a terminal application on your Windows, Linux, or Mac OS client and
run the following command:
nslookup -type=NS d.extrahop.comIf the name resolution is successful, output similar to the following appears:
Non-authoritative answer: d.extrahop.com nameserver = ns0.use.d.extrahop.com. d.extrahop.com nameserver = ns0.usw.d.extrahop.com.If the name resolution is not successful, make sure that your DNS server is properly configured to lookup the extrahop.com domain.
- Log into the Admin UI on the ExtraHop appliance.
- In the menu bar, click Launch Shell.
In the ExtraHop Web Shell interface, run the following command:
Where <nameserver> is one of the name server addresses returned in step 1.For example:
ping ns0.use.d.extrahop.comThe ping command should return a successful result similar to the following example:
5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4006ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 61.854/62.665/63.728/0.740 ms
If the ping test is unsuccessful, review the DNS settings on the appliance in thesection and make any changes, and then run the ping test again.
- Close the ExtraHop Web Shell window.