Flex Reports contain data from legacy protocol pages and custom pages can help you can highlight activity from a specific time period for a specific device, application, or network. Access Flex Report from the System Settings > Legacy Settings.
|Important:||Flex Reports are deprecated and will be removed in a future release. We recommend that you schedule a report for a dashboard from a Command appliance. For more information, see Create a scheduled report.|
The following information shows you how to create, download, and schedule Flex Reports.
In the Discover and Command appliances, you can create a legacy Flex Report of network activity to share with others. Flex Reports are PDF files that highlight metric data from a legacy protocol page or custom page you select for a specific time period.
|Important:||Flex Reports are deprecated and will be removed in a future release.|
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the Systems Settings icon .
- Hover over Legacy Settings and then click Flex Reports. page.
- On the Reports page, click New.
- In the Report name field, type a name.
- In the Description field, type information that you would like to display at the top of your report.
- (Optional): Select Include description in report to make sure your description is included in the PDF file.
- Skip the Report items field for now. You will select metrics in step 9 that will automatically populate this field.
- Click OK. Your new report appears on the Reports page in System Settings.
Close the Reports window and click
Metrics at the top of the page to select data for
your report. For example, to add HTTP and TCP metrics from the All Activity
application to your report, complete the following steps:
- Click Metrics and then click Application.
- In the bottom left corner of the page, click Switch to legacy layout.
- Select All Activity.
- Select Web in the left pane.
Near the top right corner of the page, click Add to
Report. From the drop-down list, select your report
name. All the HTTP metrics displayed on this protocol page will be added
to your report.
- To add more metrics, click a protocol in the left pane. For example, click L4. Then, click the Add to Report icon.
- To add more metrics from sources, repeat step 9 by selecting another source and select a protocol page.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Reports again.
From the table, select your report. You will see metrics listed in the
Report items field.
- Download a Flex Report(Discover and Command appliance)
- Schedule the email delivery of a legacy protocol page report(Command appliance only)
After creating a report for a legacy Flex Report, you can download a PDF file containing data from a specific period of time.
- Log into the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon .
- Hover over Legacy Settings and then click Flex Reports.
- From the table, click the name of the report you want to view.
From the View report for drop-down menu, select the time period for your
report, as shown in the figure below.
- (Optional): Change the name, description, or remove report items before you generate the report.
A PDF file of the report downloads to your computer.
- Review Reports FAQ
In a Command appliance, you can schedule the email delivery of a legacy Flex Report about network activity on a regular basis. A Flex Report contains data collected only for the email delivery time frame. For example, if you schedule a daily report, the report will only include metric data from the last 24 hours. To create a Flex Report with a time period different from the delivery time frame, you must download a single report.
|Important:||Reports for legacy protocol pages are deprecated and will be removed in a future release.|
Before you begin
- Log into the Web UI on the Command appliance.
- Click the Systems Settings icon.
- Hover over Legacy Settings and then click Flex Reports.
- Select the report you would like to deliver by email.
Click the Email Schedule tab and configure the following
options for setting a delivery schedule:
In the Schedule section, make one of the
- Select No email schedule to prevent the PDF file from being sent by email.
- Select Every day to schedule a daily report, and set the time of day that you want the PDF file delivered.
- Select Every [day of week] to schedule a weekly report, and set the time of day you want the PDF file delivered.
- In the Email groups section, you can select a group of recipients that you want to send the PDF file to. If you do not see the email group you are looking for, you can configure email groups in the ExtraHop Admin UI or through the REST API. Contact your ExtraHop administrator to add an email group.
- In the Additional emails section, you can specify the individual email addresses to send the PDF file to. Separate multiple email addresses with line breaks.
- In the Schedule section, make one of the following selections:
Click the Email Footers tab and select one of the
following options to specify the content of the email:
- Select None or Default to
only include the following default content in your
The scheduled report named [report name] for the time range [date and time] is attached. This report is scheduled to run every [day or week]. Schedule settings can be modified from the ExtraHop GUI. Recipient email groups can also be modified from the ExtraHop GUI, and email group membership can be modified from the ExtraHop admin interface.
Note: The ExtraHop GUI link launches the Web UI for the Command appliance.
- Select Custom to include a message that appears below the default content. You can format your message in HTML markup.
- Select None or Default to only include the following default content in your email:
- (Optional): Download the report to display a different time period than the scheduled time range.
Click OK to save changes.
Your report is scheduled.