You can install a bundle from the ExtraHop Solution Bundle Gallery or you can install a bundle that you created on another ExtraHop appliance. To install a bundle, you must first download the bundle, upload the bundle to your ExtraHop appliance, and then apply the bundle.
You can download a number of pre-configured bundles created by the ExtraHop community.
- In a web browser, go to the ExtraHop Solution Bundles Gallery.
- Navigate to the bundle you want to download.
Read all requirements and installation instructions for the bundle.
Make sure that your ExtraHop appliance is running firmware later than the minimum version specified for the bundle. Bundles designed for later firmware versions might require features that are not available on earlier firmware.
- If you have not already logged into the ExtraHop website, click Login in the right pane and then specify a valid username and password.
- Click Download Now.
- Save the .json file to a location on your local machine.
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Bundles.
- In the Bundles table, click the name of the bundle.
The .json bundle file is downloaded to your local machine.
After you have downloaded a bundle, you can upload and install the bundle on your appliance.
- Log into the Web UI of a Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon .
- Click Bundles.
- Click Upload.
- In the Load Bundle dialog box, click the Choose File button, and then select the bundle .json file.
- Click Upload.
Select the Apply included assignments checkbox.
Selecting this option assigns the bundle to the metric sources specified in the bundle. In most cases, it is best to apply the default assignments. However, keep in mind that more assignments will consume more system resources.
From the Existing objects drop-down menu, select
Selecting this option will overwrite any objects that have the same name as objects in the bundle. It is important to select overwrite to ensure that all bundle objects are imported and the bundle functions properly. However, we recommend that you check the names of objects in the bundle to make sure they are not shared with any objects in-use on your appliance.
- Click Apply.
- If you are installing a bundle from a Command appliance, select a Discover appliance from the Bundle Node Selection dialog box and click OK.
- In the Bundle Import Status dialog box, click OK.
- In the View Bundle window, click OK.
- Follow any installation instructions on the bundle page in the ExtraHop Solution Bundles Gallery.
- Enable any triggers included in the bundle.
- Configure any alerts in the bundle to notify relevant email addresses.