Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about geomaps.
Controls are available at the top of the geomap that enable you to specify how the geomap is displayed.
You can specify the following display control options:
- The time range of data to display. The options available are last 5 minutes, last 30
minutes, last 6 hours, last 24 hours, and last 7 days.
Note: You can select a custom range if it was created with the Time Selector on the ExtraHop Discover appliance.
- The geomap region to zoom in and focus on. The options available are World, United States, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.
- The visual appearance of the geomap. The options available are Light, Dark, Blue, and Treasure.
- The color of geomap components. The options available are Tangerine, Burgundy, Lime, Turquoise, and Grey.
Click the x icon to hide the controls. Click Show Controls to display the controls at the top of the geomap.
Because geomaps are displayed in their own browser windows, you can save or bookmark the URL to quickly return to the geomap. Bookmarks are useful for adding geomaps to a presentation or for display in your NOC.
The following display configurations can be preserved when you save or bookmark the URL:
- Display controls
- Display controls in the banner at the top of the geomap are displayed by default. To open a geomap with the controls automatically hidden, click the x icon and bookmark the URL in your web browser. The URL will contain the bannerCollapsed=true parameter to preserve your preference.
- Activity graphs
- Activity graphs in the left pane of the geomap are displayed by default. To open a geomap with the activity graphs pane automatically hidden, click the << icon and bookmark the URL in your web browser. The URL will contain the paneCollapsed=true parameter to preserve your preference.
- The Autopilot feature displayed in the lower right of the geomap is off by default. To open a geomap with Autopilot automatically launched, start Autopilot and bookmark the URL in your web browser. The URL will contain the autopilot=true parameter to preserve your preference.
The Autopilot feature sequentially highlights the top eight regions on the geomap with the most user activity.
When you launch Autopilot, a set of cross-hairs focuses on a data point, and the Region Details window and the Alert Details window (if alert information is available) are displayed. After several seconds, the focus moves to a different data point.
You can complete the following tasks from the Autopilot window, which is located near the bottom right corner of the geomap:
- Click Start to launch Autopilot.
- Click Next to move focus to the next data point with a high-volume of activity.
- Click Stop to disable Autopilot.
The Updater feature displays a timer that counts down to the next refresh of the geomap.
The value of the Interval control, located at the top of the geomap, determines one of the following refresh rates:
- If the interval is 5 minutes, the geomap updates every 30 seconds.
- If the interval is 30 minutes, the geomap updates every 5 minutes.
- If the interval is 6 hours, 24 hours, or 7 days, the geomap updates every 60 minutes.
- If the interval is a custom range, the value of the custom range determines one of the
following refresh rates:
- If the custom range interval is less than 5 minutes, the geomap updates every 30 seconds.
- If the custom range interval is less than 60 minutes, the geomap updates every 5 minutes.
- If the custom range interval is 60 minutes or greater, the geomap updates every 60 minutes.
The left side of the geomap displays graphs that break up activity into small geographical data sets.
If the region is set to World, the activity graphs display the amount of user activity data per country. If the region is set to United States, the graphs display activity data per state.
Click the << icon to hide the activity graphs pane. Click the > icon to reveal the pane.
You cannot copy the geomap itself; however you can create a new geomap configuration by copying an existing one through System Settings. Copying is only available for geomap configurations created for a device group or an application. Charts generated from a chart for a single device cannot be copied.
- Log into the Web UI on the ExtraHop Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon , and then click Geomaps.
- From the table on the Geomaps page, select the checkbox next to the geomap that you want to copy.
- Click Copy.
The copied geomap is added to the table with "(copy)" appended to the geomap name. By default, the copied geomap is not assigned to any sources.