The following procedures show you how to upgrade your ExtraHop appliance to the latest firmware release. If you need assistance with your upgrade, contact ExtraHop Support.
Before you begin
- Download the firmware from the ExtraHop Customer Portal to your computer.
- If you have an ExtraHop Command appliance, upgrade the Command appliance first followed by all connected Discover appliances, and then upgrade all connected Explore and Trace appliances. The Command appliance firmware version must be greater than or equal to the firmware version of any connected appliances.
- For large Command appliance deployments (managing 50,000 devices or more), reserve a minimum of one hour to perform the upgrade.
- Log into the Admin UI on the ExtraHop appliance.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click Firmware.
- Click Upgrade.
On the Upgrade Firmware page, select one of the following options:
- To upload firmware from a file, click Choose File, navigate to the .tar file you want to upload, and click Open.
- To upload firmware from a URL, click retrieve from URL instead and then type the URL in the Firmware URL field.
Important: If the ExtraHop appliance has less than 300 MB of space remaining, a warning message displays with a link to clean up the disk. We recommend that you perform a disk cleanup before uploading new firmware to ensure continued device functionality.
- If you do not want to automatically restart the appliance after the firmware is installed, clear the Automatically restart appliance after installation checkbox.
The ExtraHop appliance initiates the firmware upgrade. You can monitor the progress of the upgrade with the Updating progress bar. The appliance restarts after the firmware is installed.
- If you did not choose to automatically restart the appliance, click Reboot to restart the system.
After the firmware update is installed successfully, the ExtraHop appliance displays the version number of the new firmware on the Admin UI.
|Note:||Your browser might time out after 5 minutes of inactivity. Refresh the browser page if the update appears incomplete.|