In addition to the built-in Activity and Network dashboards, the ExtraHop system also ships with the Essentials bundle. This bundle provides a set of customizations that are designed to readily display common and related network metrics through a series of dashboards.
Although the Essentials bundle is included on ExtraHop appliances by default, you must apply the bundle before you can view the contents of the bundle. Some of the dashboards also require you to enable triggers on the system.
|Note:||The Essentials bundle is designed to have minimal impact to your system, but you should always exercise caution when enabling a trigger.|
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Bundles.
- From the list of bundles, select Essentials.
- Select the checkbox in the lower-right corner of the window to apply included assignments.
From the Existing objects drop-down menu, select
Selecting this option will overwrite any objects that have the same name as objects in the bundle.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
|Tip:||To view the Essentials dashboards, click Dashboards. The dashboards are listed in the left pane, under My Dashboards.|
The dashboards for encryption and DNS require you to enable two triggers that ship with the Essentials bundle.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Triggers.
- From the list of triggers, select AAAA detection on IPV4 networks and Encryption Auditing Trigger (Application).
- Click Enable.