Although you configure alert settings from the System Settings window, you assign an alert configuration to a source from the Metrics page in the ExtraHop Web UI. The following procedure shows you how to assign an alert configuration to a device, which is similar for other sources. You must assign an alert to a source before it can monitor your environment.
Before you beginYou must configure an alert before it can be assigned. See Configure threshold alert settings and Configure trend alert settings.
- Log into the Web UI on the ExtraHop Discover or Command appliance.
- Click Metrics from the top menu.
- Click Devices in the left pane.
- Select the checkbox for each device you want monitored by an alert configuration.
- Click the Assign Alert icon from the top of the page.
- Select the checkbox for each alert configuration you want to assign to the selected devices.
- Click Assign Alerts.
|Tip:||You can also manage alert assignments for a device from the device overview page. From the Manage Device section, click Assignments to add or remove alert assignments from the device and to view which alerts are already assigned to the device.|
- View generated alerts in the Alert History