You can add notifications to an alert configuration that will email specified addresses when an alert is generated. You can also send notifications to an SNMP listener.
Before you beginYou must configure an alert before you add notifications. See Configure threshold alert settings and Configure trend alert settings.
- Log into the Web UI on the ExtraHop Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Alerts.
- Open the alert you want, and then click the Notifications tab.
Configure the following notification options:
- Specifies the severity level of the generated alert. The severity level is represented by color in emails and in the Alert History.
- Send SNMP Trap
- Specifies whether notifications are sent to an SNMP listener. Users with administration privileges can configure the SNMP listener in the ExtraHop Admin UI.
- Email notification groups
- Specifies email groups that can receive alert notifications. The Default group is checked by default. Users with full system privileges can configure additional email groups in the ExtraHop Admin UI.
- Additional email addresses
- Specifies email addresses that are not included in a selected groups but should receive notifications.
- Additional metrics in emails
- Specifies additional metrics to include in the notification email. Enter the metric names, one per line, into the window or click the Find metric... button to search for a metric.
- Click OK.
Email notifications include the following information:
- Alert Name
- The name specified for the alert.
- Alert Comment
- The description specified for the alert, if one was provided.
- Alert Expression
- The sequence of values that specified when to issue the alert.
- For threshold alerts, the value of the metric when the threshold was crossed. For trend alerts, a value of 1 indicates that the alert expression was true.
- Alert Time
- The time the alert conditions were met and the alert was generated.
- Alert Source
- The name of the metric source and any additional information available, such as the MAC address and IP address for devices.